The Sounds of Places
Listen to the sounds from various locations in the city of Rožňava and the Baltic region.
Try to discuss them.
- Cafe on Námestie baníkov in Rožňava
- Bells in Saint Peter’s Square in Rome
- The coast of the Baltic Sea
- Interviews in Gdansk
Questions and tasks to facilitate discussion:
- Listen to the sounds of the place and think about what might have been going on there.
- Try to guess where what you hear might have happened.
- What do you imagine with these sounds?
- Can you recognize the language?
- How would you feel in this environment?
- What would we see around us?
- What part of the day is captured in the recordings?
- Try to graphically record the different layers of sound.
- Try to draw the environment you hear.